Did you know that +92% of the people who set New Year’s resolutions never follow through? The reason is that most people don’t spend time at the end of one year and the beginning of other to think and plan… Basically, it seems that we do not follow a process of how to produce positive personal and professional results—and they never take the first steps to do so! The following step-by-step journey will guide you through how to make reality your dreams for your personal and professional 2021!
THE SECRET is to WRITE, WRITE & WRITE all the answers to these questions and then keep some up with the small wins month after month?
Let’s get started!
- What 3 words describe 2020?
- What did you love in the last 12 months? Take your 2020 calendar week by week and write here.
- Which people have had a major effect during 2020?
- What are you most grateful for what happened in 2020?
- What did you learn NEW in 2020?
- What were your Aha moments? Why?
- What would you like to re-do in 2021?
- Did anything happen last year that you still have to forgive? Any actions or words that hurt you? Or some reason why you are mad at yourself? Write it here. Do yourself a favor and forgive.
- What you did NOT like about last year?
- What were the challenges?
- Did you find any “GIFTS” that resulted from those challenges?
- What shifted in you when you realized the challenges were “GIFTS?”
- DREAM BIG
- WHAT ARE YOUR DREAMS … The ones that you have not fulfilled yet? or have not taken any steps to create action? What does next year look like for you? What is the ideal case? Why will it be good? Write, draw, get rid of your expectations, and dream.
- Choose at least 3 of those dreams, concrete objectives or goals for 2021
- Did you create a plan or the opportunities to make them happen?
- What steps did you take? What would you change or improve?
- When will these goals/objectives/actions take to be completed?
- Write the # of weeks, months, years beside each goal
- Write what immediate action you will take today to start working on those goals
- Make a plan for every day, week, or month that you will do to accomplish the small steps to get to your goal.
- WRITE your S.M.A.R.T (Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Time Frame) for each of your goals
Good luck and share your accomplishment with us!
Laura Giadorou Koch,
Founder & Chief Engagement Officer
Women 4 Solutions, Advisory Board